What is EPB?
The Electronic Poll Book by DelMar Information Technologies simplifies and automates voter processing requirements before, during, and after an election. Before an election, the system allows the Election Administrator to manage voter data and define polling information. During an election poll workers use a simple user-friendly screen to check-in voters. The system alerts poll workers of any voting eligibility concerns. During and after an election the Election Administrator can monitor voting activity and print detailed reports.
EPB was developed specifically for Indiana vote centers. It has been used throughout the vote center pilot by Tippecanoe and Cass counties. EPB is ready to be used in your transition to vote centers.
How EPB WorksBefore election day: Download your county's list of voters and list of absentee votes from SVRS;Use the EPB conversion program to import the list of voters and absentee votes into the EPB database; Use the EPB Election Administrator program to define your precincts, vote center or polling place locations, and poll workers.
On election day: Poll workers use a standard web browser to log into EPB and choose their location; Poll workers check in voters as they arrive. They can search for voters using any combination of first name, last name, date of birth, voter ID, or SVRS Person UID.
EPB will display alerts to poll workers for voters who:
- Are from a precinct that is not allowed to vote in this election
- Are not allowed to vote at this polling place or vote center
- Have already voted in the current election
- Voted absentee and the current time is after 2:00 pm
- Are under the age of 18 and need the special ballot for 17-year-olds
- Are marked inactive and must complete Form VRG-7 before voting
- Must supply additional identification information such as an Indiana driver’s license or the last four digits of the voter’s SSN
- Must provide proof of identification before voting
- All voters who have provided additional identification
- All voters who have voted absentee
- The total voters checked in at each vote center by hour
- A voter history file can be created that can be imported back into SVRS
- During primary elections, an export file can be created for the political parties that contains all voters who voted in the primary election
Flexible & CustomizableDoes your county have special requirements? Let our team of software development professionals customize EPB to make it work to meet your specifications.
Technical RequirementsThe technical requirements for EPB are very modest. EPB requires one Microsoft Windows server computer that can host Microsoft ASP.NET applications and run a database management system (DBMS), such as Microsoft SQL Server.
Because the Voter Check-In application is web based, poll workers can use any computing device (e.g., PC, laptop, or thin-client) with a modern web-browser and the capability to connect to your network. In addition, one Windows computer is required to run the Election Administrator program.
How to Get EPBTo learn more about using EPB in your next election, please contact us.
We will be happy to discuss your county’s needs and how EPB can help you simplify voter processing in your next election.